Product Engineer - LiveView
Work with leading edge technology and grow your career with this dynamic, innovative team.
TIBCO Event Processing is building the next generation platform for real-time big data analytics, operations, and automation. TIBCO real-time event-driven infrastructure software already solves the toughest problems in large enterprises, like retailers, airlines, banks, and hospitals. Our software tracks FedEx packages and Delta planes, delivers real-time data to Wall Street trading desks, monitors cellular networks, analyzes online transactions for fraud, and powers hundreds of other applications. Customers expect up-to-date information at their fingertips, and immediate automated resolution of their problems. Businesses need our technology to meet these expectations.
TIBCO Event Processing is based on domain specific languages and distributed transactional memory, combining the best of NoSQL and rapid application development platforms into one coherent whole to support capturing, contextualizing, analyzing, deciding, and acting on real time data. We are passionate about user experience for both developers and end-users. We believe that building platforms and enabling our customers to focus on making their business real-time is the best way to change the world with software.
What You'll Do
This is a senior position in product development, responsible for designing and implementing features in a next generation distributed, in-memory, transactional application platform designed to meet the ever-increasing application demands for lower-latency and increased scaling.
You will work on the internals of the application platform, solving difficult problems of concurrency, locking, indexing, and distributed communications. You will also help us to continue to focus on hiding complexity and making the platform easily consumable by developers.
As a peer on a small self-motivated team focused on developing an industry unique application platform, you would be responsible for the entire development life-cycle and sustaining of platform features, including:
- Design with peer review
- Implementation with peer review
- Automated regression testing with measured quality metrics
- Defect resolution
You will provide input into technical requirements for new features so must enjoy staying current on industry trends and competition.
Your strong communication skills will be needed to provide direct developer-to-developer support via a developer web site to ensure success in customer engagements.
A continued focus on quality and a passion to make complex problems simple are essential.
Who You Are
- 5-10 years of experience in system software development required.
- Multi-Threading experience required.
- Distributed memory fabrics.
- Experience in commercial software development, including all stages of the software development lifecycle required.
- Experience with source control systems, defect-tracking systems, automated unit and system test frameworks, and similar tools required.
- Web and application servers like Jetty, Apache, Spring, etc.
- Databases, particularly real time or stream-oriented databases.
- High performance system development and tuning experience a plus.
- Experience with cloud environment like AWS, Kubernetes, Ansible, OpenShift, etc.
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- BS/MS in computer science, or related professional experience
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.