Manager - Global Legal Services
The TIBCO Legal Department is looking for a Director - Global Legal Services (“GLS”) who will manage an existing team of approximately 12 attorneys who provide off-shore legal support to TIBCOs globally dispersed Legal Department and the general TIBCO business. This position will report direct to the Legal Department, VP of Global Licensing.
Strong experience of 10+ years in a corporate legal department, along with an understanding of US software revenue recognition principles and the ability independently handle and manage contract drafting, contract review and negotiation will ensure success in this role. Additionally, a successful candidate will need to have the awareness, experience and ability to manage across multiple time-zones, perform as an autonomous solution-provider, problem-solver who can understand different business culture styles and communication. Prior experience managing a legal team is required. Strong working knowledge and affinity with legal and corporate technology platforms is preferred.
What You'll Do
- Can be a part an existing team, overseeing the activities of approximately 12 attorneys who provide off-shore legal support to TIBCOs globally dispersed Legal Department and the general TIBCO business
- Autonomously manage the end-to-end review, redline and negotiating full range of IT, software and commercial contracts - inbound and outbound - and reviewing and responding to RFPs.
- Assist regional Sales Management, regional legal counsels, Account Executives and Corporate Finance/Revenue Recognition to structure transactions and expedite the sales/contracting process
- Support creation and ongoing upkeep of internal process documents for work handled by GLS
- Some international travel may be required.
- Provide important point of contact for managing resources and input for ongoing corporate projects
Who You Are
- LLB Minimum 8+ years combined experience of corporate legal department work – ideally no less than 5 years of in-house work.
- Previous team management experience is required.
- Understanding of US software revenue recognition principles.
- Independently manage/assist in contract drafting, contract review and negotiation.
- Solution oriented with demonstrated ability to be hands-on, autonomous, operate successfully with remote supervision and maintain the integrity of the Legal function.
- Understanding of how a Legal Department interacts with Sales teams and other departments in a blue-chip multinational company.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. German/French language proficiency is an advantage.
- Thorough, exemplary attention to detail, initiative, solution-oriented approach.
- Practical people management skills with an ability to guide and mentor the team as required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and manage a team with a varied and changing workload.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office without the need for other administrative support.
- Familiarity and/or aptitude with software, IT systems and contract management tools.
- Ability to provide time overlap as per business needs.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.