Don’t know TIBCO? We fuel digital business by enabling better decisions and faster, smarter actions through our connected Intelligence Cloud. From APIs and systems to devices and people, we interconnect all these data sources, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of people and things in a business through analytical insights. TIBCO was recently named a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms.
Customer examples include:
● 36 of the top 55 banks in Fortune’s Global 500
● 32 of the world’s leading Retailers
● 25 of the world’s leading Airlines including all of the top 5
● 7 of the world’s top 10 Manufacturing companies
● 20 of the largest 25 European companies
We're looking for people who want to make a difference doing a job they love – dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, new-idea-driven environment. We value hard work and provide new opportunities to grow, learn, and excel.
As a Senior Engineer for TIBCO Data Science you will enhance and extend the capabilities of a leading commercial data science and analytic platform that provides highly scalable machine learning capabilities across financial services, manufacturing, energy and other verticals. You will leverage the power of analytic databases and technologies such as Spark and Hadoop both in cloud and on-prem. You will aim to develop powerful analytic software that is still easy to use. You will develop features end-to-end for a range of customers from VMware to NASA. You will contribute to open-source projects such as Snappy Data or others.
TIBCO Data Science software performs complex algorithms in parallel, and scales to many billions of rows and thousands of variables.
Candidates must have strong programming skills, experience with big data analytic technologies and a strong desire to work with the latest cloud and distributed computing technologies.
What You'll Do
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position.
- Lead development of a massively-scalable analytic and machine learning platform built on Hadoop and Spark
- Work on the full stack of application development, using agile practices, from concept phase through testing and launch
- Develop cloud architectures and make use of cloud storage and compute services from AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google.
- Evolve our analytics plug-in framework supporting extensible, scalable analytic tools
- Contribute to open-source projects for analytics and machine learning
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in software development. Understands test driven development and build automation practices.
- Strong Java skills (able to work with Servlets, Spring, Jetty) and Scala skills are a must (knowledge of Akka, Spray a plus). Knowledge of functional programming principles.
- Experience/Knowledgeable with micro services architectures and cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- 2+ years commercial software engineering experience with Big Data technologies, including Spark, Hadoop, Pig and Hive
- Python experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the latest technologies in Big Data analytics, machine learning
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate and lead in a dynamic team
- Passion to learn new technologies, solve problems, and deliver customer-centered solutions that make you proud
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.