Lead Engineer, IT
Team Overview: TIBCO IT’s Custom Software Engineering team is globally distributed across locations in the US, India, and Australia. This team maintains several critical IT systems used within TIBCO and by TIBCO's customers, including Single Sign On and multiple software delivery systems.
The team has an open and collaborative team culture with everyone working together to the overall success of the company
Role Overview: We are looking for a seasoned software development lead, who is passionate about creating and maintaining secure, reliable and cost efficient software systems.
As a Lead Developer, you would take on an active role in defining or refining IT system architecture, own the quality and schedule of the IT development team's deliverables, and champion for continuous IT learning within the team.
Working in a dynamic, growing company you will be fully supported and have lots of opportunities for professional and career growth, alongside talented and committed colleagues.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership to define or refine IT system architecture based on best practices and sound software engineering principles.
- Be responsible for the quality and schedule of the development team's deliverables.
- Take a pragmatic approach to balance software quality, deliverable schedule, and technical debt.
- Take ownership of the software development quality standards and champion its adoption within the IT team
- Act as a champion for continuous learning with the IT team
- Work with a globally distributed team of developers, QA, customer support, IT Ops, product managers, vendors, and customers
Who You Are
- You can communicate well (spoken and written) with a diverse audience - developers of all levels, product managers, senior executives, and people who do not have a software development background. You have a knack to quickly identify the audience and tailor your message to meet their needs
- You have a natural inclination to solve business problems by using a pragmatic balance between technology and business processes
- Passion to learn new technologies, solve problems, and deliver customer-centered solutions that make you proud
- A genuine interest in programming, and a special interest in areas like reliable and scalable system architecture, efficient data structures and algorithms, and performance optimization
- Strong time management and organizations skills.
- Self-directed, Pragmatic team player with focus on getting the job done
- You have good relationship building skills and motivated to gracefully develop good internal & external relationships
- 9 or more years of software development experience in using Java, Spring 4 & 5, Spring security, Spring Restful APIs and Spring web module, Oracle SQL/database
- 3+ years leading a software development team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with debugging and diagnostics of distributed systems
- Clearly understands the concepts of MVC, JDBC/Oracle database, and RESTful/SOAP Services
- Familiar with internet and network security standards, identity and access management (IAM) systems/protocols (LDAP, SAML, oAuth, OpenId/OpenId Connect)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application, Java/J2EE design patterns
- Working knowledge of JUnit/JMock tests using Spring framework
- Experienced in using build and other tools such as Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools - Tortoise SVN, Git
- Experience using AWS amazon and the Angular would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Identity Management and Single Sign On SSO products from Ping Identity would be an advantage
- Experience implementing solutions using TIBCO products, especially one of more of the following products would be an advantage - TIBCO BusinessWorks, TIBCO Messaging, TIBCO Mashery, TIBCO Data Virtualization, and TIBCO Spotfire
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.