Lead Engineer, IT
Team Overview: TIBCO IT’s Custom Software Engineering team is globally distributed across locations in the US, India, and Australia. This team maintains several critical IT systems used within TIBCO and by TIBCO's customers, including Single Sign On and multiple software delivery systems.
The team has an open and collaborative team culture with everyone working together to the overall success of the company
Role Overview: We are looking for a seasoned software development lead, who is passionate about creating and maintaining secure, reliable and cost efficient software systems.
As a Lead Developer, you would take on an active role in defining or refining IT system architecture, own the quality and schedule of the IT development team's deliverables, and champion for continuous IT learning within the team.
Working in a dynamic, growing company you will be fully supported and have lots of opportunities for professional and career growth, alongside talented and committed colleagues.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership to define or refine IT system architecture based on best practices and sound software engineering principles.
- Be responsible for the quality and schedule of the development team's deliverables.
- Take a pragmatic approach to balance software quality, deliverable schedule, and technical debt.
- Take ownership of the software development quality standards and champion its adoption within the IT team
- Act as a champion for continuous learning with the IT team
- Work with a globally distributed team of developers, QA, customer support, IT Ops, product managers, vendors, and customers
Who You Are
- You can communicate well (spoken and written) with a diverse audience - developers of all levels, product managers, senior executives, and people who do not have a software development background. You have a knack to quickly identify the audience and tailor your message to meet their needs
- You have a natural inclination to solve business problems by using a pragmatic balance between technology and business processes
- Passion to learn new technologies, solve problems, and deliver customer-centered solutions that make you proud
- A genuine interest in programming, and a special interest in areas like reliable and scalable system architecture, efficient data structures and algorithms, and performance optimization
- Strong time management and organizations skills.
- Self-directed, Pragmatic team player with focus on getting the job done
- You have good relationship building skills and motivated to gracefully develop good internal & external relationships
- 9 or more years of software development experience in using Java, Spring 4 & 5, Spring security, Spring Restful APIs and Spring web module, Oracle SQL/database
- 3+ years leading a software development team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with debugging and diagnostics of distributed systems
- Clearly understands the concepts of MVC, JDBC/Oracle database, and RESTful/SOAP Services
- Familiar with internet and network security standards, identity and access management (IAM) systems/protocols (LDAP, SAML, oAuth, OpenId/OpenId Connect)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application, Java/J2EE design patterns
- Working knowledge of JUnit/JMock tests using Spring framework
- Experienced in using build and other tools such as Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools - Tortoise SVN, Git
- Experience using AWS amazon and the Angular would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Identity Management and Single Sign On SSO products from Ping Identity would be an advantage
- Experience implementing solutions using TIBCO products, especially one of more of the following products would be an advantage - TIBCO BusinessWorks, TIBCO Messaging, TIBCO Mashery, TIBCO Data Virtualization, and TIBCO Spotfire
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.