Lead DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer
Team Overview: TIBCO IT’s Custom Software Engineering team is globally distributed across locations in the US, India, and Australia. This team maintains several critical IT systems used within TIBCO and by TIBCO's customers, including Single Sign On and multiple software delivery systems.
The team has an open and collaborative team culture with everyone working together to the overall success of the company
Role Overview: We are looking for a seasoned and passionate software engineer who is experienced in maintaining enterprise applications infrastructure on AWS and in streamlining the software CI/CD pipeline.
As the Lead DevOps and SRE, you would take on an active role in defining or refining IT system architecture and the CI/CD architecture. You would take the ownership of ensuring that all systems are operating optimally, while balancing infrastructure cost, performance, and security. You work closely with the IT development, QA, support, and product management team members to deliver systems that are timely and robust to meet TIBCO’s business needs.
Working in a dynamic, growing company you will be fully supported and have lots of opportunities for professional and career growth, alongside talented and committed colleagues.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning for systems managed by the IT Custom Software Engineering team
- Analyze current issues and work patterns of the DevOps team and initiate programs that can reduce firefight and help the team stay focused on planned activities
- Provide technical leadership to define or refine IT system architecture based on best practices and sound software engineering principles
- Optimize the operational cost of running system infrastructure, especially AWS cost
- Take a pragmatic approach to balance software quality, deliverable schedule, and technical debt
- Be a teacher and act as a champion for continuous learning with the IT team
- Work with a globally distributed team of developers, QA, customer support, IT Ops, product managers, vendors, and customers
Who You Are
- You have good relationship building skills and motivated to develop good internal & external relationships gracefully
- Strong foundations in both software and systems engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and can coordinate assignments that need teamwork spanning multiple teams
- Operate with calm and composure, under pressure.
- Equally efficient under, both, low and high pressure situations.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- An experienced team lead
- Passion to learn new technologies, solve problems, and deliver customer-centered solutions that make you proud
- Strong time management and organizations skills. Self-directed. Pragmatic team player with focus on getting the job done
- Proficient with CI/CD and monitoring tools:
- Proficient in setting up and maintaining version control tools like SVN and Git/GitHub
- Proficient in CI tools like Jenkins, Ant, Maven
- It would be an advantage to have skills in tools like SonarQube; junit; selenium; JMeter
- Proficient in config management tools like Chef
- Proficient in Artifact Management tools like Nexus and Liquibase
- Experiences in setting and using log Management and analysis tools like the ELK Stack and Splunk
- Proficient in monitoring tools like AWS CloudWatch. It would be advantages to additionally have skill in other monitoring tools like Nagios; AppDynamics
- Experience in setting up and managing containerized systems using Docker and Kubernetes would be an advantage
- Proficient in designing and configuring highly performant systems using AWS components for compute, storage, network, and security
- Proficient in optimizing AWS cost while balancing system performance and reliability
- Experienced in automating or setting up self-service capabilities for frequently requested services from DevOps and SRE team
- AWS Professional certification will be highly advantageous – AWS Certified Professional DevOps engineer or/and AWS Certified Professional Solutions Architect
- Programming/scripting skills (e.g. shell, python, ruby ..etc) for monitoring and automation is highly desirable
- Handle code deployments in all environmentsExperience in managing physical infrastructure, especially around networks, would be an advantage
- This role does not require directly managing such infrastructure, but requires interacting closely with IT teams that do
- Familiarity with Identity Management and Single Sign On SSO products from Ping Identity would be an advantage
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.