Global IT Infrastructure Engineer
The Network Engineer, IT Infrastructure Operations will join the global TIBCO IT Operations team in the management and administration of production, non-production environments, and direct user support of infrastructure network systems and network security services. Not only will you be supporting network and security resources used throughout the company but also help create and define our standards, policies, and procedures on the effective use of technology throughout the entire organization. Additionally, you will also be part of the team that helps support, monitor, and administer Tibco’s hybrid multi-cloud environments that reside in our data centers, Azure & AWS.
What You'll Do
The job holder will be expected to perform the following: -
- Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade hardware and software for production and non-production network infrastructure systems and services
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, process, and system failures for a globally distributed enterprise
- Monitor network infrastructure system performance and availability and respond to monitoring alerts
- Author and recommend settings for network and network security services to improve performance, security, and reliability
- Develop plans and perform routine maintenance tasks for network infrastructure systems such as patch management and security hotfixes
- Generate vulnerability management & patching reports with all relevant actions and information
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Contribute to internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Desire and interest in driving consistency to operationalize processes expediting resolution
- Recommend security improvements and rapidly respond to outages and cyber-attacks to include root cause analysis (RCAs)
- Participate in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions
- Participates in the processes of innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position.
- Focus on your health and wellbeing with access to a supportive Employee Assistance Programme and an employer-funded private medical insurance plan
- Plan for your financial security with access to a Group personal pension plan where TIBCO contributes 7.5% of your base salary, provided that you contribute at least 3%.
- On joining, you would automatically be enrolled in an income protection insurance plan as well as a death in service plan to provide financial support to you and your beneficiaries should life throw you a curve-ball.
- Balance your professional and personal interests with flexible and remote working options and benefits such as enhanced pay for parental leaves (maternity, paternity and adoption leave).
- Keep up to date with your industry with a professional subscription
- Advance yourself with access to a range of on-line and in person learning and development tools [as well as participation in Sales Bootcamp at our Global HQ in California (Elevate Academy)] ~ SALES ROLES ONLY
- Team up in an open and collaborative team culture with everyone working together to the overall success of the company
- Enjoy time out with 25 days’ annual leave
- Be rewarded for a job well done - everyone participates in an incentive plan that rewards achievement of key objectives
- Save on your commute with access to tax-saver tickets to spread the cost and lighten the load
- Make a difference - Take a look at our many customer success stories: https://www.tibco.com/customers
Who You Are
- Obsessively focused on customer satisfaction and attention to detail in your work
- Experience managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining IT network infrastructure technologies required
- Demonstrated experience with key infrastructure platforms, including but not limited to data center networking, LAN / WAN, security appliance and network security management systems supporting a global environment
- Strong experience with the following technologies BGP, WAN, iWAN, DMVPN, EIGRP, MPLS, VRF, QoS, PBR, VSS, HSRP, STP
- Experience with Cisco ASA & Palo Alto firewall management and operation
- Experience with Cisco Meraki management and operation desirable
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers is a plus
- Experience with Cisco ACI is a plus
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies is a plus
- Ability to create and leverage scripting and automation technologies is required
- Knowledge of workflow tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Slack, etc.)
- Desire and ability to participate in cross-functional teams and provide mentorship for the global operations engineering team through communication & collaboration
- Strong experience creating operational processes and supporting documentation
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations, changing priorities, and disruptive technologies.
- A strong desire to learn and contribute across a variety of technologies and disciplines
- Love of working in a fast-moving, constantly changing team environment
- Ability to quickly diagnose and solve problems collaboratively
- Solid understanding of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes
- Experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting highly available environments
- Experience with passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments a plus
Please note you must have full working rights for the country you are applying for. If on a work permit or visa please make sure the details along with expiry date are included on your application.
Applications and CVs MUST be in English.
TIBCO is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.