** Are you fascinated with Data Technologies, Application Servers, Federation, and/or Data Pipelines? Then this opportunity is for you!
The TIBCO Data Virtualization team is looking for a technical engineering manager to lead a team of software developers, QA engineers, and development operations to help enhance and maintain to our Data Virtualization server. You have experience as both a technical lead and direct contributor to the design/implementation and/or testing of complex software systems. You are able to make hard decisions based on experience. As a manager, you will also help hire and mentor members of your team and set priorities.
The server is implemented by a multi-million line source base in Java, so the ability to understand and integrate with existing code is an absolute must. The core runtime is a complex multi-threaded system and the successful candidate will demonstrate complete expertise in handling features geared towards concurrent transactions in a low latency, high throughput and scalable server environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with leading database experts in building the most robust, scalable and high performing database server.
What You'll Do
In this crucial role as an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead a team of DV developers
- Work closely with teams based in the United States and around the world
- Utilize your team to help diagnose customer issues, perform bug fixes, and verifications
- Manage priorities and resource utilization
- Provide mentoring to team members
- Work with minimal supervision both individually as well as within ad-hoc groups
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with 5+ years experience, or 8+ years of equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of technical lead or management experience with a software development team
- 4+ years of software development or software testing experience
- 2+ years of Java-based server-side experience, with significant core Java experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience and/or relational algebra
- Proficiency in both spoken and written communication in English
- Strong object-oriented design background
- Strong SQL & database background
- Competence with design patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience with all lifecycle aspects of enterprise software
- Experience working with large, pre-existing code bases
- Experience developing cloud-based software
- Experience with QA Development
How you’ll be rewarded:
- Focus on YOU - Health and Wellbeing : Employee Assistance Programme and an employer-funded Private Medical Insurance plan, flexible working options and genuine work/life balance.
- Focus on FINANCES - Financial Future : We understand that financial security is key. You will have income protection, and death and disability insurances to provide you with financial peace-of-mind.
- Focus on PROGRESSION – Learn and Advance : Develop your skills with best-in-class on-line and in-person learning and development tools. Take advantage of TIBCO’s Career Mapping to enhance and develop your skills to take your career in the right direction.
- Focus on COMMUNITY – Collaboration and Inclusion : We strive to create a truly diverse, inclusive and collaborative community where we seek out inspiration, innovation and genuine WOW moments. From inspiring key-note speakers, mental health awareness, and culture recognition days, we offer you a truly diverse environment where your voice matters.
Please note you must have full working rights for the country you are applying for. If on a work permit or visa please make sure the details along with expiry date are included on your application.
Applications and CVs must be in English.
TIBCO is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.