We are looking for a seasoned and passionate software engineer who is experienced in developing and maintaining cloud and enterprise applications infrastructure on AWS and in streamlining software CI/CD pipelines.
Product Overview/Team Overview:
TIBCO Custom Software Engineering team is globally distributed across locations in the US, Europe and India. This team maintains several critical IT systems used within TIBCO and for TIBCO's customers, including WebFocus, OMNI (master data management), Data Science and Machine Learning and multiple software delivery systems.
You will be joining an existing team and work across our portfolio of projects. The team has an open and collaborative team culture with everyone working together to the overall success of the company
What You’ll Do:
Work together with the Product, IT, Engineering and QA teams to develop and maintain the cloud infrastructure required for development, deployment and maintenance of TIBCO products.
As a DevOps Enginner, you would take on an active role in defining or refining IT system architecture and the CI/CD architecture. You would take the ownership of ensuring that all systems are operating optimally, while balancing infrastructure cost, performance, and security. You work closely with the IT development, QA, support, and product management team members to deliver systems that are timely and robust to meet TIBCO’s business needs.
Working in a dynamic, growing company you will be fully supported and have lots of opportunities for professional and career growth, alongside talented and committed colleagues.
What You'll Do
Who You Are:
● You have good relationship building skills and motivated to develop good internal & external relationships gracefully
● Strong foundations in both software and systems engineering
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Team player and can coordinate assignments that need teamwork spanning multiple teams
● Operate with calm and composure, under pressure.
● Equally efficient under both, low and high pressure situations.
● Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
● Passion to learn new technologies, solve problems, and deliver customer-centered solutions that make you proud
● Strong time management and organization skills. Self-directed. Pragmatic team player with focus on getting the job done
● Proficient with CI/CD and monitoring tools
● Proficient in setting up and maintaining version control tools like SVN and Git/GitHub
● Proficient in CI tools like Jenkins, Ant, Maven
● It would be an advantage to have skills in tools like SonarQube;
● Proficient in config management tools like Chef
● Proficient in Artifact Management tools like Nexus and Liquibase
● Experiences in setting and using log Management and analysis tools like the ELK Stack and Splunk
● Proficient in monitoring tools like AWS CloudWatch.
● Experience in setting up and managing containerized systems using Docker and Kubernetes would be an advantage
● Proficient in designing and configuring highly performant systems using AWS components for compute, storage, network, and security
● Experienced in automating or setting up self-service capabilities for frequently requested services from DevOps and Engineering team
● Programming/scripting skills (e.g. shell, python, ruby ..etc) for monitoring and automation is highly desirable
● Handle code deployments in all environments
● Familiarity with Identity Management and Single Sign On SSO products WSO2, Auth0
● Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position
Who You Are
? AWS or Azure understanding
? Deep understanding of Kubernetes, kops and EKS deployed
? Helm and helmfile
? Terraform, Terragrunt
? Jenkins, Groovy, jenkins-operator, Jenkins Pipeline
Good to have:
? Understanding of Postgres, Redshift and other databases
? Serverless architecture (Lambda, API Gateway)
? Knowledge of programming/scripting languages being a plus (bash, python, makefiles, go). At least one at basic level would be needed.
? ELK stack with Fluentd
? Prometheus, Grafana stack
? Ansible, Packer
? Cassandra, Janusgraph, Solr, Velero
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.