Director, Professional Services (BDM)
Promote and sell the breadth of PSG's consulting service solutions to grow TIBCO’s business and take accountability for customer success by delivery of successful projects. The PSG Director is responsible for the full P&L in their respective territory, working with the regional software licence sales management team in identifying, qualifying, developing, closing and delivering consulting service engagements.
The role requires strong general management and operational ownership of the territory, building strong working relationships with TIBCO executives in the region, alongside operations, Sales and Engineering teams, and other PSG Directors/Managers is key to allowing the role to be successful.
What You'll Do
Business Management Responsibilities:
- Promote the breadth of PSG's consulting service solutions to increase business opportunity, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction, while achieving assigned booking and revenue goals.
- General management of business operations in the territory, to include (but not limited to) business forecasting, contractual negotiations, accurate update of TIBCO business systems, consulting utilisation and professional services delivery management.
- Enable, empower, motivate and lead the territory services team to effectively operate within the expected margins of TIBCO Software and increase the perceived value of PSG by the customer
Manage and meet key performance indicators such as bookings, revenue, average daily rate, and backlog for territory of responsibility.
- In partnership with Sales Management, develop a strategic business plan, based on territory goals, business mix, product introduction, product offering and consulting services.
- Assure that account management is aligned with business objectives and activities of TIBCO product sales.
- Recruiting and retaining highly skilled service professionals to provide Enterprise planning, architecture, technical design and deployment in support of the client’s investment in TIBCO technology.
Personnel Management Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage an effective organization with full P&L responsibility for the territory and ensure the services business is delivering value to the organization.
- Define the objectives of the team members, balancing personal growth objectives while maintaining alignment with overall Company objectives.
- Provide regular feedback to ensure that each team member is cognisant of their status toward the achievement of their goals.
- Provide an annual appraisal for each member of the team.
- Provide regular updates to the team to keep them apprised of Company direction and any changes throughout the year.
- Proactively build pipeline through different avenues available to PSG in conjunction with the territory Account Management/Sales team, generating both team and personal pipeline.
- In partnership with TIBCO Sales, perform the selling function using a solutions-selling approach with a focus on penetration and expansion of existing accounts.
- Harness the sales force to build confidence on ability to deliver successful, profitable projects and open up-selling license and services opportunities
- Prospect and develop qualified pipeline of services opportunities within existing accounts and prospect and close on opportunities in conjunction with TIBCO Sales.
- Implement account expansion programs such as PSG pre-packaged solutions and future programs as they are announced.
- Understand the client's business (critical success factors, markets, customers, competition) and set account strategies to compliment the client's goals.
- Work with Resource & People Management team to provide high quality and timely services that retain customer loyalty and encourage the deployment of TIBCO technology
- Assess key decision makers’ needs and determine the appropriate sales message and service offerings to meet customer needs.
- Build, Support and maintain reliable delivery partnerships to enable successful project delivery.
- Serve as the primary Professional Services escalation point, and executive delivery sponsor for Sales within accounts for the territory.
- Develop business terms and conditions for consulting engagement contracts; drive consulting contract negotiations.
- Communicate regularly with Sales Management and Project/Practice Managers as necessary on account status and engagement issues.
- In conjunction with Sales Management, drive and coordinate decisions for non-standard terms, conditions, pricing, and account and/or opportunity issues.
Who You Are
- Demonstrated leadership skills within the employee’s department and across the organisation
- General Management capability and P&L ownership at a territory level
- Demonstrated exemplary customer support performance
- Highly customer-oriented (internal & external) attitude
- Ability and willingness to contribute to, and fostering team success
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Hands-on mentality, doing whatever it takes in meeting and exceeding his or her assigned responsibilities
- Excellent problem resolution and process improvement capabilities
- Fluency in German and English
Please note you must have full working rights for the country you are applying for.If on a work permit or visa please make sure the details along with expiry date are included on your application.
Applications and CVs MUST be in English.
TIBCO is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.