Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.
TIBCO BusinessEvents® is an enterprise solution for complex event processing. It helps to quickly build distributed, stateful, rule-based event processing systems to support instant decision-making and instant actions. With TIBCO BusinessEvents, you can correlate and find the important events in a deluge of data, minimize decision latency, and respond in the moment to bring a favorable business outcome. Helps augment traditional business intelligence or big data strategy with real-time intelligence.
What You'll Do
- Opportunity to work on a cutting edge, patented complex event processing platform.
- Get to work with a really smart and distributed team.
- Brainstorming/whiteboarding/problem solving sessions with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and to come up with compelling solutions to complex problems.
- Be an independent contributor and develop high quality production ready software.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features, from design to development, deployment to production, support and maintenance.
- Be a proponent for efficient and high-quality software development practices, unit testing and coding standards.
- Drive POCs, research work within the team
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Interact with other external organizations (such as Customer Excellence, Professional Services, Sales) to handle customer issues and coordinate with internal teams.
- Conduct daily standups, and track and monitor current work assignments for both Dev and QA.
- Code reviews, feature reviews, implementation reviews, documentation reviews
- Prioritize, assign and manage activities and projects in accordance with goals and objectives. Adjust priorities and people assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Create release plans, track and monitor dates, and coordinate among various functions such as Dev/QA/tech writer/security team/integration QA/performance teams, etc.
- Provide reports/inputs to senior management.
- Point of contact for Customer Support for an investigation into any customer issues, assigning to appropriate team members, and providing timely resolution.
- Plan, execute, and deliver hotfixes, engineering builds, and other releases as needed
- Attend customer meetings representing engineering
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, and reviews.
- Guide and mentor the team to develop features to meet functional, documentation, and quality while obviating roadblocks.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree and over 12 years of experience, or Masters Degree and 10 years of experience designing and implementing highly available, reliable, scalable software systems
- Strong understanding of Computer Science theories, methodologies, algorithms, data structures and object-oriented design
- Proficient in systems programming languages, especially Java
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD tools and public clouds like GCP, AWS and Azure
- Experience with on-premise and Cloud based deployments
- Excellent teamwork and communication with team members including Engineering Management, other Architects, Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Technical Documentation Writers, Product Managers, and Project Managers.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Message Brokers like JMS/Kafka/RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ/etc.
- Experience working with one of the NoSQL stores like Cassandra/MongoDB/etc.
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes on cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/ GCP.
- Experience working with one of the caching frameworks like Memcached/Ignite/Redis/etc.
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.