Work with leading edge technology and grow your career with this dynamic, innovative team.
TIBCO Event Processing is building the next generation platform for real-time big data analytics, operations, and automation. TIBCO real-time event-driven infrastructure software already solves the toughest problems in large enterprises, like retailers, airlines, banks, and hospitals. Our software tracks FedEx packages and Delta planes, delivers real-time data to Wall Street trading desks, monitors cellular networks, analyzes online transactions for fraud, and powers hundreds of other applications. Customers expect up-to-date information at their fingertips, and immediate automated resolution of their problems. Businesses need our technology to meet these expectations.
TIBCO Event Processing is based on domain specific languages and distributed transactional memory, combining the best of NoSQL and rapid application development platforms into one coherent whole to support capturing, contextualizing, analyzing, deciding, and acting on real time data. We are passionate about user experience for both developers and end-users. We believe that building platforms and enabling our customers to focus on making their business real-time is the best way to change the world with software.
What You'll Do
The Data Science Engineer role is for a hybrid Engineer / Data Scientist who understands analysis, modeling, and algorithms but prefers to focus on the technical aspects of building analytics capabilities.
In this role you will play a key role in prototyping and productionizing tools and methods we will use to analyze digital streaming data and to provide data-driven decisions for our customers. You will know how to analyze/model data and also enjoy writing code to implement it.
Who You Are
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Understand and love code, data, and math.
- Excellent Java programming skills.
- Proficiency with relational databases and writing complex SQL queries.
- Demonstrated understanding of mainstream stats and ML methods
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning models
- Experience in commercial software development, including all stages of the software development lifecycle and tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Experience with source control systems, defect-tracking systems, automated unit and system test frameworks, and similar tools required.
- Experience with cloud environment such as AWS and Azure is a plus
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- BS/MS in computer engineering or similar
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.