Data Science Engineer
Work with leading edge technology and grow your career with this dynamic, innovative team.
About the technology: TIBCO Event Processing is building the next generation platform for real-time big data analytics, operations, and automation. TIBCO real-time event-driven infrastructure software already solves the toughest problems in large enterprises, like retailers, airlines, banks, and hospitals. Our software tracks FedEx packages and Delta planes, delivers real-time data to Wall Street trading desks, monitors cellular networks, analyzes online transactions for fraud, and powers hundreds of other applications. Customers expect up-to-date information at their fingertips, and immediate automated resolution of their problems. Businesses need our technology to meet these expectations.
TIBCO Event Processing is based on domain specific languages and distributed transactional memory, combining the best of NoSQL and rapid application development platforms into one coherent whole to support capturing, contextualizing, analyzing, deciding, and acting on real time data. We are passionate about user experience for both developers and end-users. We believe that building platforms and enabling our customers to focus on making their business real-time is the best way to change the world with software.
What You'll Do
The Data Science Engineer role is for a hybrid Engineer/Data Scientist who understands analysis, modeling, and algorithms but prefers to focus on the technical aspects of building analytics capabilities.
In this role, you will play a key role in prototyping and productionizing tools and methods we will use to analyze digital streaming data and to provide data-driven decisions for our customers.
The selected candidate will know how to analyze/model data and will enjoy writing code to implement it.
Who You Are
- Understand and love code, data, and math.
- Excellent programming skills in Java or similar language.
- Familiar with relational databases and writing complex SQL queries.
- Demonstrated understanding of mainstream stats and ML methods
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning models
- Knowledge of commercial software development, including all stages of the software development lifecycle and tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Experience with source control systems, defect-tracking systems, automated unit and system test frameworks, and similar tools required.
- Knowledge of cloud environment such as AWS or Azure is a plus
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- BS/MS in computer engineering or similar
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.