Cloud Software Engineer
The TIBCO Cloud Team is responsible for building the cloud governance, evangelizing cloud adoption, and defining the operating model for cloud across the enterprise. Specifically, the team focuses on cloud governance and demand management activities which involves working with the business teams on new projects that should be built on the cloud and managing the technical relationships; rolling out training across the organization to upskill people; supporting governance activities like Cloud Advisory Council meetings, KPIs and metrics, and maintaining our cloud assets. Software engineer for our cloud team is technically proficient in development with strong mentoring skills. Understanding the big picture goals of the security, cost and automation development team is vital. The leader interfaces with management, automation development colleagues, junior developers and offshore developers, and operations personnel. This position can be fulfilled anywhere in the Americas time zone.
They function as the key bridge and interpreter among team members and have the vision to design, implement, and maintain a working Cloud environment with many diverse team members, languages, methodologies and hardware components.
This challenging role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to create and maintain a working, scalable and efficient cloud governance that provides key statistics to management with quick turn-around times.
What You'll Do
- Setting cloud enterprise standards for TIBCO
- Developing our next generation Cloud Governance Platform
- Designing scalable, robust system using cloud native architecture principles
- Designing, deploying and optimizing Cloud Services
- Increase governance transparency through automated reporting and dashboards
- Implement efficient monitoring and analysis of automated cloud security metrics.
- Standardize, document and enforce automation security standards on all cloud providers supported.
- Ongoing code review of completed code.
- Provide scheduled progress reports to management.
- Creative application of up-to-date tools to innovate new methods of automation and reporting.
- Integrate test code coverage, profiling and performance benchmarks into cloud automation.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Science’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant experience.
- Minimum experience of 8 years with one or more of the cloud providers
- Excellent development skills and strong hands-on knowledge in at least one of the following languages: Rust, GO, Java
- Knowledge of GitHub, CDK, Lambda and event driven architecture is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in leading and mentoring teams, groups and individual
- Resourceful, creative, and well-organized with an ability to prioritize and proactively offer solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Experience working with remote staff.
- Azure, AWS, and/or GCP certifications preferred
- Knowledge of AWS and/or Azure concepts
- Knowledge of Cloud security tools
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.