This opportunity is for a self-starting individual to join a professional software development team and participate in all areas of software development from definition, design, development, validation, and integration.
The Horizontal Architecture team is responsible for developing and maintaining the software architecture and toolchain to enable cross-compatibility and interoperability between TIBCO's geographically and platform/tools diverse development groups.
This is very process-oriented work. We interface not only with development teams, but also with vendors, service providers, product management, legal, and security teams. This is not purely a coding position - we are looking for well-rounded people who are interested in all facets of software development including devops, deployment (CI/CD), maintenance, distribution, and documentation. Most of the work is done in GoLang, Python, and bash, but other tools can be deployed as appropriate.
What You'll Do
● Work closely with various development teams to guide them through processes: gather team-specific requirements, adapt tools & software as needed, run migrations/tests, and validate results
● Quickly become a subject matter expert in git, GitHub, and GitHub Enterprise and integration with other systems.
● Define, design, develop, and validate software to be used company-wide for migrations to official platforms like GitHub Enterprise.
● Evaluate tools and software solutions based on requests from users and teams, then create and/or implement them as appropriate.
● Create and run automation-based migrations from legacy source control systems to GitHub Enterprise.
● Work with the Chief Security Information Officer (CISO) team on security issues, scanning and remediation.
This is a group spread out all over the world where the candidate will be working with different teams/products/platforms and getting exposure to all kinds of world-class software. There is an incredible opportunity to learn current best practices from a variety of teams and get exposure/experience with many different languages and frameworks. The candidate will need to be comfortable being handed a task and running with it to completion. Using this expertise, this group will develop and evolve a variety of best practices building on existing knowledge and extending using industry standards and best practices going forward.
What You Will Learn
- Professional software development practices
- Best practices for git and GitHub Enterprise and integrating with same
- Interactions between complex software systems
- Creating and interacting with APIs like REST and GraphQL
- Increased understanding and knowledge in the area of networking concepts and practice as well as the design and development considerations of highly distributed and coordinated software systems
Who You Are
? Solid communication skills and a high comfort level interacting with many different people on a regular basis.
? Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience with extra consideration given to Master of Science candidates
? Experience with at least one major language such as C/C++, GoLang, Python or C#
? Experience with git/GitHub and/or other major SCMs such as svn, mercurial, etc
? Demonstrable knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocol understanding
? Knowledge of multithreaded and distributed software concepts
? Software development experience which can be based on previous internships or independent efforts such as personal software development projects or open source project contributions
? Enthusiasm and drive to learn new concepts and participate as part of a cooperative and professional software development team
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.