As Architect for Mashery Datamart, you will envision solutions to Mashery’s Logging and BigData requirements. You will apply the latest techniques to provide our customers summary and detailed reporting of their Mashery API usage. You will architect BigData techniques to help customers gain insight into their API program traffic using BigData analytics. You will guide and mentor a world class team of engineers and work with peers in other Mashery and TIBCO groups to craft solutions using different TIBCO products. Within Mashery you will work collaboratively with the Traffic Manager, WebApps and Site Reliability Engineering teams to create cost effective solutions optimizing the infrastructure required and reduce operational costs.
What You'll Do
• Work with product management to lay out a product architecture aligned with product strategy and road maps.
• Hands-on development for diverse projects such as data pipelines, streaming log data and analytics.
• Staying up to date on relevant open source technologies and planning non disruptive technology upgrades for production infrastructure
• Participate in optimization exercises to minimize spend on cloud service infrastructure
Who You Are
• Education Bachelor’s in Comp Sci or Comp Eng; MSCS or PhD preferred.
• Strong core Java background -- language, runtime, and internals
• Cloud computing – knowledge of AWS a must, Azure and GCP
• Must have knowledge of Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper
• Nice to have knowledge of Splunk and Python
• Nice to have understanding of Microservices/modular architectures
• Solid knowledge of multi-threaded design approach and concurrency
• Deep understanding of SQL and NOSQL data storage
• Secure development processes.
• Detailed working knowledge of Docker containers, Swarm and Kubernetes
• Experience developing highly available/redundant software
• Knowledge of software development methodologies
• Knowledgeable of Unix scripting language such as Bash, Perl, PHP, Python
• Event driven architectures, caching strategies
• Distributed transactions and traffic load balancing
• Superior leadership and communication skills with a desire to win and have fun along the way
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.