Organizations have increasingly embraced digital strategies to enable the increased business agility and operational efficiency required to address disruptions. But rapid business process digitization has left many companies hosting enormous amounts of data in a variety of diverse software systems, creating IT complexity and sprawl that impedes rather than accelerates business innovation.
If your company is struggling with a fragmented digital landscape, you already know how difficult and costly it is to connect all your digital assets. You’re also probably aware that traditional methods such as point-to-point integrations limit value and scalability. So what is the answer to connecting all your apps, data, and devices to make your digital business more agile, even amidst ongoing business disruption?
This quick video provides a concise definition of what constitutes an API-led integration strategy, how it works, and more information about the business benefits it can deliver, which include the ability to:
- Integrate your business value into new contexts and products, such as social media platforms
- Create engaging customer experiences that increase loyalty while streamlining operations
- Increase productivity, supporting higher-value work, better business insights, and improved decision making
- Support new revenue streams by giving partners more flexibility in how they work with your business, expanding your joint footprint
Real-world Examples of How an API-led Integration Strategy Can Solve Your Toughest Integration Challenges
Here are a couple of examples of API-led integration in action:
- The Campari Group, a leader in the branded beverage industry, implemented TIBCO Cloud™ API Management and achieved faster time-to-market for new integrations, increased availability of real-time data, established a DevOps culture, and more.
- Caesar’s Entertainment, one of the world’s most diversified entertainment providers, made the leap from unwieldy point-to-point integrations to API-led integration. Its new-found agility enabled the company to deliver a fully connected guest experience, including a mobile concierge on social media.
A New TIBCO Guide Helps You Navigate the Complexities of Implementing an API-led Integration Strategy
APIs are known for their ease of use, which has been a significant driver for the widespread adoption of API-led integration. And their benefits go far beyond providing seamless communication between diverse digital assets and breaking down technology silos across business units. But it can be a complex undertaking to learn everything you need to know to realize the full potential of API-led integration, which is why TIBCO created The Ultimate Guide to an API-led Digital Strategy.
The guide includes an in-depth overview of the business value APIs can deliver. From there, it delves into what it takes to build a flexible, scalable API architecture, including:
- The business value of APIs
- Types of APIs and guidance for selecting the right technology, including a worksheet with discovery questions to help guide your technology selection
- Common considerations when implementing an API program, pitfalls of API usage, and how to avoid them
- The diverse roles of APIs in a connected digital business
Ready to reap the benefits of a more scalable, flexible, agile architecture that enables better, faster, and more accurate business decisions? Download The Ultimate Guide to an API-led Digital Strategy to get started on your API-led integration strategy.