At the last TIBCO Analytics Forum, TIBCO announced its membership in the Open Group OSDU™ Forum, a group dedicated to providing a vendor-neutral platform for the development of open standards in the energy industry. Now, almost two years later, much has been accomplished by TIBCO and other members to enable transformational technology and support today’s evolving energy needs.
Tune in to the Open Group OSDU™ Forum panel May 26, 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PDT at the 2021 TIBCO Analytics Forum to hear about all the progress from various leaders involved in the initiative. Please note that to access the panel and all other sessions through the virtual platform, you must register for the event.
What is the Open Group OSDU™ Forum?
To keep pace with ever-changing market demands, energy companies must embrace the transformational power of data-driven technologies. That requires data that is accessible to everyone, trustworthy, and easy to use. The Open Group OSDU™ Forum helps members unlock the power of data to develop more innovative energy solutions and make faster, smarter decisions. According to the OSDU website, “The OSDU Data Platform reduces costs, breaks down data silos, enables innovation and brings data together in one location.” The forum empowers members to work together openly, eliminates data silos, and increases transparency for a more collaborative, innovative energy industry.The Open Group OSDU™ Forum helps members unlock the power of data to develop more innovative energy solutions and make faster, smarter decisions. Click To Tweet
What will be covered in the panel discussion?
During the panel session, leaders from The Open Group OSDU™ Forum will discuss the process and progress of developing a standard data platform for the oil and gas industry. Data is fueling subsurface innovation, yet getting the data into a format that enables novel analytical approaches and enables end users to focus on using novel data insights to solve problems is a challenge. In this session, you’ll learn how, by reverse engineering processes with energy providers and partners, the vision of the OSDU Energy Data Platform has stayed closely aligned to practical realities and needs for subsurface analytics.
This panel event will highlight the importance of the OSDU initiative for the energy industry from the different perspectives of the following panelists:
- Juan Varga: Head of Digital E&P, CEPSA
- Andrew Berridge: Senior Data Scientist, TIBCO
- Liz Dennett: Lead Solutions Architect OSDU, AWS
- Alan Henson: Principal, Pariveda Solutions
Here are just a few of the questions that will be covered by the panelists:
- How is the OSDU project enabling the energy industry to develop transformative technologies and change?
- What does the OSDU platform adoption journey look like?
- What are some of the biggest challenges in adopting the OSDU platform?
- This is not the first time the energy industry has tried to align its data, what’s different this time?
- Is there a risk of the OSDU becoming overly complicated with so many members?
- Can companies leverage other data sources along with the OSDU platform as part of their data strategy?
- Where should operators start with OSDU?
How to watch the OSDU panel session?
Want to hear the panelists’ answers to these and other questions? Register now for the TIBCO Analytics Forum 2021 to watch the session live on May 26 at 11:00 a.m. PDT.
And if you aren’t able to join the session live, don’t worry, all registrants will have access to this panel and all other sessions on demand until June 25.