TIBCO ACTIVEMATRIX BUSINESSWORKS 6 CERTIFICATION EXAM
This exam will certify that the successful candidate has sufficient knowledge and skills necessary to successfully implement integration projects using TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ 6.
- Exam Details
- Recommended General Experience
- Product Specific Experience
- Exam Topics and Objectives
- Suggested Reading List
- Standard Reference URLs
- Recommended Courses
- Sample Questions
- Exam: TB0-129
- Number of exam questions: 63
- Exam duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Percentage correct to pass the exam: 69%
The minimally qualified candidate will be able to design, develop, deploy, monitor, and manage a TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks application of average complexity with minimal supervision or assistance. Average complexity involves the use of multiple protocols and architectural designs (REST, HTTP, JMS, SOAP, FTP, File, etc.), one or more processes that map data between endpoints and one or more BW modules. These processes could include scopes and iterations involving activities from supported ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks palettes, event handlers and/or fault handlers. It will typically involve communication using TIBCO adapters and palettes that would generally require the assistance of a specialist in the adapter technology. Given the required integration configuration details, a qualified candidate will be able to configure ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks applications, environments, modules, and shared resource components.
Additionally, successful candidates will have the experiences and mastered the topics outlined below.
Recommended General Experience
One year enterprise application integration development experience with exposure to: programming concepts, message oriented middleware (e.g., Rendezvous and JMS), protocols (e.g., SOAP, HTTP, and SSL), other relevant technologies (e.g., REST, JSON, XML, XPath, JDBC), and web services.
Understanding of concepts such as distributed computing, adapters, services and canonical data model.
Product Specific Experience
Nine months of active experience using ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 6.
Exam Topics and Objectives
- ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ Installation and Configuration
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate BW network configuration options.
- Explain how to add third-party drivers and supported plug-ins to BusinessWorks.
- Administrating ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Integration Solutions
- Given a scenario, describe the requirements for local and enterprise application deployment options.
- Specify the configuration and capabilities of administering BW applications.
- Given a failure scenario, identify the capabilities of the BusinessWorks environment.
- Explain how to configure load balanced and/or fault-tolerant ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks applications
- Explain when and how to configure BW domains, appspace, appnodes, applications and agents.
- Developing Integration Solutions with ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks
- Identify the features and functions of the TIBCO Business Studio interface.
- Given a scenario, identify the required Shared Resources.
- Given a set of requirements, specify the appropriate security implementation.
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate use of ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks variables and properties.
- Specify the error and failure handling capabilities of ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks.
- Given a problem, select and configure the appropriate scope.
- Given a business problem, select and configure the appropriate palette activity.
- Identify the proper use of transitions.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate mapping strategy for data transformation.
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate BW features for process development.
- Given a scenario identify the steps to develop and consume web services.
- Describe the capabilities provided by TIBCO Adapters.
- Testing and Debugging
- Identify the testing and debugging capabilities of ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks.
Suggested Reading List
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Getting Started
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Concepts
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Bindings and Palettes Reference
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Installation
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Administration
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Application Development
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Migration
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Samples
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Error Codes
- TIBCO Enterprise Administrator Installation Guide
- TIBCO Enterprise Administrator User's Guide
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Adapter Framework
Documentation for most TIBCO products is available through the TIBCO Product Documention site.
Standards Reference URLs
- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1
- XML Path Language (XPath) Version 1.0
- XML Path Language (XPath) Version 2.0
- Java 7
- OSGi R5
- Java Message Service Specification - version 1.02b
- XSL Transformations 1.0
- XSL Transformations 2.0
- Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0
- SOAP 1.1
- SOAP 1.2
Recommended Courses and Knowledge Assessments
- BW618: TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ 6.x Developer Boot Camp
- BW618KA: TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ 6.x Developer Boot Camp Assessment
- BW638: TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ 6.x Administrator Boot Camp
- BW638KA: TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks™ 6.x Administrator Boot Camp Assessment
*Course materials may only be obtained by attending the course(s).
View details about Courses, Knowledge Assessments, and Class Schedules
TIBCO Certification Program Policies
To maintain the security of the test environment, candidates are not permitted to bring reference materials of any kind into the testing center. Candidates should review our program policies prior to taking their exam.