Traditional processes are automated for standardization, but not all processes can, or should, be standardized. A portion of a business’ processes are contextual and need to be improvisational in nature. This percentage is growing as the digital business transformation progresses. Digital businesses need to be able to take advantage of business moments, become customer-centric, respond to changing regulations, and take advantage of real-time data and Internet of Things; so do their processes.
Some processes will always have the goal of operational efficiency at their center, and for that traditional BPM is a great solution. When it comes to processes that need to deal with the unexpected case management or contextual style processes are the solution.
“By 2017, 70% of successful digital business models will rely on deliberately unstable processes designed to shift as customer needs shift.” —Gartner, Business Process Management Summit: The Future of BPM: From Improvement to Improvisation, Janelle Hill, 9-11 September 2015
With TIBCO ActiveMatrix® BPM, you gain the ability to coordinate your process, people, context, and actions for both traditional and improvisational processes in a single solution.
Compose and arrange the best solution for the situation at hand
- Flexible processes react to business events and moments in real time
- States and actions provide context to case management and contextual processes
- Supply visual context with predictive analytics dashboards
- Ad hoc activities can extend or alter processes when activated (by people, processes, or systems)
Bring the right information to the points of decision
- Create global data repositories that live independently of processes
- Incorporate data from everywhere
- Provide best actions, recommendations, and instructions
- Case folders for linked documents
Don’t let things fall through the cracks
- Powerful analytics dashboards provide visibility into the most complex of cases
- Analytics dashboards pinpoint capacity issues and skills gaps
- Predict future workloads and completion times based on past values
- Take actionable insights to enact your simulations