Why TIBCO for Utilities
TIBCO & Utilities
As utilities around the world respond to the mandates of operational efficiency, regulatory compliance and environmental sustainability, they increasingly recognize their operations are real-time activities that must be harmoniously integrated across the ecosystem and monitored with full situational awareness. As utilities embrace new business opportunities, they need to be prepared to manage vast amounts of diverse data that must be integrated, shared and transformed into actionable and timely information.
Backed by decades of innovation in infrastructure technology and a customer roster of leading utilities worldwide, TIBCO offers a unique, event-driven approach to solving the challenges of the 21st century utility.
TIBCO's Event-Enabled Platform Harnesses Utilities Big Data
TIBCO provides a comprehensive, integrated event-enabled platform that offers:
- Event-driven processing innovation that supports the real-time, dynamic needs of the modern power grid
- Real-time monitoring and analysis to optimize demand response, load management, and other activities by contextually evaluating and predicting discrete scenarios to determine the best action
- Best-in-class capability to architect and deliver tailored, algorithmic models to tightly monitor and optimize large-scale business operations including assets, operations and workflows
- Comprehensive solutions based on integrated, standards-based technologies that integrate seamlessly with your current infrastructure investments
TIBCO Event-Enabled Solutions for Utilities
Global utilities use TIBCO’s real-time, event-driven platform to deploy:
- Smart Grid.
- Consume and analyze large data volumes to anticipate and respond to faults, outages, changing load conditions and other dynamic operational states
- Maximize IT and grid investments by optimizing existing and planned asset utilization to ensure cost-effective generation, transmission, distribution, and delivery of energy
- Exceed customer expectations through real-time use of data to manage service reliability, affordability, security and choice
- Compliance and Security. Manage risk by complying with industry mandates and regulations (CIP) while ensuring the security and resilience of the communications and grid infrastructure.
- Mobile Workforce Management. Transform the way field workers perform service calls and maintenance by providing real-time visibility to optimize service activities and automate field operations.
- Customer Management. Effectively manage the customer experience lifecycle from acquisition through retention and increase loyalty.
Track Record in Utilities
With customers that include the world's top five electric utilities, TIBCO provides fully integrated and secure smart grid solutions to utilities that collectively serve millions of business and residential customers worldwide. These customers are served by distinctly nimble, smart and focused teams that bring deep experience deploying innovative infrastructure solutions for utilities.
Utilities are moving to in-memory data grid architectures to support their real-time operational domains. Learn more.
Consolidated Edison selects TIBCO to provide smart grid integration solution. Learn more.