As competition drives the increasing sophistication of offerings, CSPs have rightly identified the need for a centralized repository of both product and customer definitions within the enterprise. This repository must enable a powerful combination of service capabilities while keeping data consistent and accurate. In addition, this repository needs to be accessed by various systems across the organization and therefore must achieve high performance, parallel throughput and low latency.
Data Governance is used to control and enforce the necessary data processes and policies for continuous data quality while controlling access. As part of a data governance program, Master Data Management (MDM) allows organizations to manage the complex hierarchies and relationships within their data, such as those between products, customers, vendors or locations. Data Matching and Data Quality are also part of Data Governance, identifying duplicate suspects and ensuring that data is what you think it is (validation).
With effective Data Governance, CSPs can eliminate errors, become more efficient with their business activities, and accelerate critical processes such as a single view of the customer, new product launches, on-boarding, first-time-right provisioning, cross-sell/up-sell, and customer service.
The TIBCO® Catalog (ActiveCatalog) acts as the enterprise product and customer management repository and enables CSPs to easily manage and maintain complex offerings with:
- Powerful data quality and data matching capabilities
- A complete graphical user interface so users can create, edit, search and maintain their data
- User access, responsibilities and lifecycle workflows that can be configured for ongoing information management
- Complete data models for product offerings that can be exported to the downstream order provisioning systems (such as Order Management or Provisioning and Service Activation)
- TM Forum (TMF) and service-oriented architecture (SOA) standards compliant