Analytics deliver the most value when the data supporting it is timely, accurate, and consistently defined. In order for data to meet those criteria, data governance elements must be in place. The benefits of a strong data governance program are many:
Having a data governance program and initiative benefits organizations in many ways, including:
- Reduced costs
- Improved effectiveness and efficiency
- Automated and streamlined processes
- Standardization of procedures
- Improved decision-making
- Reduced risk
- Greater transparency
- Heightened accountability
When is it time to implement a formal data governance program? Forcing functions include:
- Regulatory, contractual or compliance requirements
- Data silos that impede an organization’s ability to achieve an “enterprise view” of available data sets which, in turn, impacts cross-functional decision-making
- Data sets and sources become too large, complex, and fragmented causing unreliable, undefined data
Join this webinar, sponsored by TIBCO Spotfire, and gain an understanding of:
- The need for and components of data governance
- How to approach creating a formal data governance program
- Sign up to register for the Benefiting from Analytics—Governing Data to Create Uniformity, Transparency and Knowledge webinar on Wednesday, April 15 at 1:00pm EDT.
- Try Spotfire and start discovering meaningful insights in your own data.
- Subscribe to our blog to stay up to date on the latest insights and trends in Big Data and Big Data analytics.