After the overwhelming success of last year’s inaugural London EARL (Effective Applications of the R Language) Conference, a 2015 EARL Conference will be held in Boston from November 2-4.
EARL is an exciting, new cross-sector conference for users and developers of the open source R programming language. The primary focus of the conference will be the commercial usage of R across a range of industries, with the aim of sharing knowledge and applications of the language.
The EARL Conference will showcase speakers from key areas of statistical and data analysis, from the finance industry to life sciences to sports analysis. Attendees will experience two days devoted to the most innovative R implementations by the world’s leading practitioners.
Lou Bajuk-Yorgan, Senior Director of Product Management at TIBCO Spotfire, will be leading a session at the conference titled “Applying R in Enterprise Applications.”
R provides tremendous value to statisticians and data scientists. However, they are often challenged to integrate their work and extend that value to the rest of their organizations.
In his presentation, Bajuk-Yorgan will demonstrate how the R language can be used in business intelligence applications, such as financial planning and budgeting, marketing analysis, and sales forecasting, to put advanced analytics into the hands of a wider pool of decisions makers.
Additionally, Bajuk-Yorgan will show how R can be used in streaming applications, such as TIBCO Streambase, to rapidly build, deploy and iterate predictive models for real-time decisions. TIBCO’s enterprise platform for the R language, TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R (TERR) will be discussed, and examples will include fraud detection, marketing upsell and predictive maintenance.
Last year’s EARL Conference was a huge success as the following testimonials from the London event attest:
- “I was able to pick up snippets of knowledge and tips about new libraries and applications.”
- “It was great to see such a wide variety of talks covering ‘real life’ applications of R.”
- “The organization and quality was outstanding by any standards, let alone a first attempt.”
- “So useful to hear how others integrate R in a corporate environment.”
- “It spoke to a broad audience with topics that could easily be ported into other areas of use.”
- “Seeing real world examples from different businesses was so useful.”
- “Very helpful to learn about best practices of using R in business.”
- “It was an amazing experience.”
You can register for the Boston EARL Conference (taking place at the Microsoft NERD Exhibition Center in Cambridge, Mass.)
Stop by the TIBCO Spotfire Booth #9 to learn more about our enterprise applications and advanced analytics offerings for the R language.
- Try Spotfire and start discovering meaningful insights in your own data.
- Learn about TERR–TIBCO Spotfire’s enterprise platform for the R language.
- Subscribe to our blog to stay up to date on the latest insights and trends in Fast Data and Big Data analytics.