TIBCO BPM Engineering has given us a shiny new release of ActiveMatrix BPM for the holiday season! I can’t wait to share all the new goodies they’ve delivered. Today, TIBCO launched ActiveMatrix BPM 3.1, the next release of our leading Business Process Platform (BPP). Don’t be fooled by the “dot” in this release… it’s full of outstanding new features guaranteed to satisfy all BPM Christmas wishes!
ActiveMatrix BPM 3.1 provides flexible processes that can react to the right business events in real time. Rather than follow a rigid, prescriptive, predesigned path, business processes can be proactively designed to change, and allow people and systems to compose the best possible process on the fly for the situation and information at hand.
Being able to make large amounts of complex data (and processes) consumable—and provide the ability to act on what is happening right now—will be the key for staying competitive in an era of unprecedented change and data proliferation. It requires organizations to do more than just automate what they have always done—they will need to digitalize their business processes.
ActiveMatrix BPM 3.1 concentrated on three main areas to enable business digitalization:
Enhanced Case Management
There are several flavors of case management that can be mixed and matched to come up with the right solution that fits the business requirements. Some flavors are data-centric, while others are document-, process- or people-centric. ActiveMatrix BPM 3.1 introduces new features and capabilities to support each of the different styles of case management.
- Case States and Actions to provide context and agility to data-centric case management solutions
- Ad Hoc Activities for the ability to adjust processes on the fly without introducing complexity or fragility
- Case Folders and Document Operations for extending business objects with associated documents or media
Expanded BPM Analytics
A range of audiences interact with business processes and require different types of analyses: pixel perfect reporting, dashboards, ad hoc analysis, and predictive analytics. ActiveMatrix BPM 3.1 covers the full spectrum of process analytics with:
- JasperReports® for ActiveMatrix® BPM to provide self-service reporting and dashboards
- ActiveMatrix BPM Spotfire for ad hoc and predictive analytics to generate insights and provide predictive forecasts and simulations
Reporting is for when you already know the questions you want answers to, while Business Intelligence (BI) is for uncovering insights, providing predictive views, and exploring the data to discover questions you didn’t even know you had. Different audiences with a variety of needs interact with business processes. Depending on the audience, reporting and/or BI will be required.
Ease of Consumption and Use
ActiveMatrix BPM is designed to be business friendly with enterprise strength. The new version introduces features and capabilities to increase the ease of use and consumption for both the IT and business users. New self-service reporting and enhanced case management capabilities provide agility and promote business independence from IT. Process designers and IT users can now use:
- Live Development to allow for iterative design and testing without rebuilding or redeploying
- TIBCO iProcess to TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM Model Conversion tooling to significantly accelerate the transformation of legacy processes to TIBCO’s flagship Business Process Platform
- Lightweight Developer Installations to reduce the overall installation requirements and footprint, and leverage commodity desktop hardware
ActiveMatrix BPM 3.1 is certainly a present that will not disappoint! With these new additions, TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM furthers its position as the single Business Process Platform able to handle all of an enterprise’s business process needs—from automating the back office to digitalizing your business for the future.
ActiveMatrix BPM 3.1 is available now! For more details, you can visit ActiveMatrix BPM’s brand new website and be sure to stay tuned over the next few weeks as we explore some of these new capabilities.